A very kid friendly site!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Welcome Home Mommy!!!

So on Saturday, Richie took Dallas and Jordan to the store and Cohen was sleeping, and the girls were playing with their dress up makeup. So I thought- we'll have a little quality girl time, so I sat down and helped them do their make up and then they started combing my hair. Mackenzie was using a comb and I could feel her tugging on just one portion of my hair, but I thought she was separating it out to put a pony in or something. The next thing I knew, she had the comb clear up by my head and was trying to force one more rotation. Scared I said "What are you doing?!?!" She had started at the end of my hair and rolled the comb around and around - all the way up!! I worked on it for quite a while with no success and finally called my mother in law and begged for help.



We used wire cutters to clip all the teeth of the comb off and it was still stuck! So by then Richie had gotten there and cut the spine of the comb into 1/3's, and we finally got it out.

This is the lovely knot I got to comb out and I lost some hair but not as much as I would have if I had to cut my hair to get it out. Mackenzie feels quite bad about doing it and promises that she will never twist anything up in hair again!

3 comments:

Luke, Katie, Maddy, Paige, Bailey and Hayden said...

it sounds like you had a good time in morocco. did dallas get glasses? ive never seen him in them before. anyway youre hair looked pretty! : ) i'll have to make an appointment with kenz to do mine. j/k so how is it having 6 kids soon to be 7? i hear jordan is a little hyper, but i cant wait to see them.

Shaun & April said...

So funny... not for you, but I am laughing pretty hard right now. Glad I didn't let her do my hair while I was there... I would not have been so smart and ended up cutting it all off!!

Rachel and Joshua said...

Hey chica! I got your message but can't find your e-mail addy. We are good but ready to go home. I did an updated entry in the blog just a few minutes ago.