A very kid friendly site!

Monday, March 2, 2009

My baby is growing up fast!

Macie will be 6 months in just a few days! I can't believe it! She is already eating baby cereal and wants to grab at anything that is going to our mouth! She just learned to sit up and is rolling all over the floor and grabbing at everything in her path! I can no longer assume that if I put her some where she will be safe. Half the time I look up and she is on the other side of the room and half way under the couch or something. She still sucks on her 2 fingers all the time. I don't know what I going to do about that! I've never had one that didn't take a "binky"-- I know how to take those away!!! She is such a good baby!

I was worried that with all that we did (adoption) while I was pregnant with her, that I hadn't really bonded with the baby inside of me. I usually love to sit and feel the baby kick and listen to their heartbeat with my monitor & I hadn't had time to do any of that. We didn't even have a name till we were checking out at the hospital, I just feel like I was only half here for the whole pregnancy. I was worried that I would have a hard time bonding with her and maybe even get "the baby blues" with this one --- but I am happy to announce that I am extremely bonded to her and it didn't take more than a few minutes in the hospital!!! I love to sit and cuddle her cheek to cheek as she strokes the back of my hair and sucks on her fingers in my ear :o) And I feel guilty if she is awake and someone is not playing with her. Seeing the babies at the orphanage with no one to be with them really impacted me and I hate to see her alone. I want her to know and feel loved in our family!
We love you Macie and are so happy that you are part of our family!
Learning to sit up

Macie babbling

Rolling over. I have a picture just like this and we look a lot alike.



This is Macie asleep on my lap while I was on the computer the other night.
She is so pretty when she sleeps. I love her chubby cheeks! :o)

1 comment:

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

What a sweetie...I love all the cute pictures:)