A very kid friendly site!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Temple Openhouse

On March 3rd we had the opportunity to attend the Draper Temple Openhouse. It was so fun to take the kids inside the Temple and see their faces. We were a little nervous to take all of them to such a quiet place so before we went we had the talk about how reverent we needed to be and what to kind of expect. I told them about each of the rooms and gave them each a room to watch for that pertained to their lives - like the girls were to watch for the Brides Room and Micailey was to watch for the Baptismal Font & Jordan was to watch for the Sealing Room, etc. I think it made it a little more personal to them and maybe even made them picture themselves there someday. But they did REALLY well. All of them were very reverent the entire time. They loved the large chandelier! Micailey wants one in her room! She giggled when we informed her that it was as BIG as her entire ROOM! I'm really glad that we took the opportunity to take them up there. I think it made them want to try really hard to make it there someday! Micailey has told me a few times how beautiful it is & that she wants to be married there!



Our family at the chapel after
The only place to get a picture of the Temple was outside of church afterwards. It was so cold and windy that only Micailey wanted to have her picture taken out there because she was wearing her pretty white baptism dress.

The view from the church doors
What a beautiful Temple!

2 comments:

Moose and Family said...

The Draper Temple was BEAUTIFUL!! I loved all the murals inside. I got a little choked up seeing the bride's room....just thinking that someday I'll be in one of those rooms with my own girls. Such an amazing experience, huh?

Smith Family said...

so did I- especially because Micailey was there twirling in the mirror in her white baptism dress & I imagined being there with her in her wedding gown- I almost lost it. And then I almost lost it walking into the sealing room with Jordan & Cohen and all of the other kids- that was another close call where I had to take a deep breath!