A very kid friendly site!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We are seeing RED!!!






What do you get when you mix a 3 year old girl and an entire pitcher of RED PUNCH?








A HUGE MESS!!!
To start off, you need to know that yesterday while I was gone, Brinley tried to pour her own glass of RED punch in the kitchen. The cup moved mid pour and she ended up dumping 1/3 of the pitcher of RED punch all of the counter, floor, and herself. By the time I returned home it was all cleaned up and all I had to do was start a load of wash to try to get them clean.




Tonight - is another story!!!




Tonight, we had just finished eating and Richie had to run to YM's and had just left. I had a baby on one hip and was trying to clean up while the kids were still eating and had taken a few plates to the sink when I here every body gasp, and a crash, and Brinley start screaming. I took a few steps to my right to see around the bar and there is no way to describe what I saw - but RED every where!!! She had tried to get her own drink again and had went to the opposite side of the table- the side by the carpet- and climbed up on my chair and tried getting the pitcher of
RED PUNCH that I had just made and fell off the chair, spilling the punch literally every where. There wasn't a drop of punch left in the pitcher- seriously!!! She had punch in her ears (seriously), dripping from her hair, you could wring out her clothes and in a HUGE puddle on the tile and my new carpet!!!




I was in so much shock, I forgot to take any pictures so I added red to the cleaning up pic so you can appreciate it when I say it went every where. :o)


I told Dallas to grab the phone and call Richie over and over until he answered and to tell him to come NOW! I just stood there and stared at it for a minute. I had no idea where to even start! It had even splashed on my chair and a in big long line clear back to where I had just finished folding the laundry from the last punch spill. (upper left corner) I tried to sop it up off of the carpet and that was like using a cup to put out a house fire, so I decided that had to wait for Richie to come and use the carpet cleaner, so I grabbed the mop and tried getting it off the tile.



We worked at carpet cleaning it for 2 hours till we decided it might be okay and quit. While he did that I got the kids to bed and bathed Brinley and soaked the RED off of her. She didn't want a picture by her "mess", so I had Richie pick her up with her not knowing and stand where the punch spots ended so that you could see how far back they went which is to the black bench in the picture above. It gives you a little better idea.





This is probably the one and only time I have ever or will ever take a photo of my feet for the world to see, but they were stained such a pretty shade of RED and the kids thought it was funny we decided to take a pic for you all.



What a night!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I think this is a sign for you to buy the clear punch!!!!!

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

KIDS...they give us so many crazy adventures don't they!!! I am glad to see you were able to get it all out of your carpet:)

Luke, Katie, Maddy, Paige, Bailey and Hayden said...

i guess no more punch for a long time! :o)

Anonymous said...

holy cow!! i bet that made your heart sink when you saw that! it looks like it came out though :) sounds like an exhausting night! i saw your comment on facebook about it, and devin had a glass of red punch tonight so i thought about you...and told him "get off the carpet and go to the kitchen" :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy that it looks like it came out! Oh and your pic of your kids feet, cutest thing EVER!!

Baylin said...

that is a really HUGE mess you got there! In that picture I was guessing it was about five gallons of red punch. I am really glad you got the red out of your new carpet.

Lisa said...

RED! Red is the worst!!