A very kid friendly site!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Dallas had a birthday shout Hurray! My little Dallas turned 11!
I can't believe I have an 11 year old! Where did the time go? I feel like I just posted a birthday post for him a few months ago! This year has flown by!
For his birthday, we did a lot! We don't normally do this much for each child's birthday. Normally we let them pick a place to go eat as a family at and maybe an activity. But this year was a little different.... I am really particular about how we celebrate birthdays at our house~ the whole day is focused on them, they get a mom-made birthday cake that goes along with the theme of their birthday for that year, and then they get to pick where we eat that day and maybe an activity. Up until last year, every child's birthday was in a different month so no one had to "share" their birthday celebration. Well when we told the kids that we were expecting a soon to be Macie, I promised Dallas (because their bdays would be so close) that he would never have to share his birthday with the baby and we would keep them separate.... Well, this year we decided to stay in St George for Macie's 1st bday and celebrate there which meant - no mom-made bday cake, all the gifts I had gotten her were here at the house, we were driving home for almost half the day. We did celebrate it and had fun, but in the end I was sad that I didn't do all those things for her 1st bday.
So we made an entire day of Dallas and Macie birthday celebration!

Here is their mom-made birthday cake!
There are 11 candles for Dallas around a single pink one for Macie.


We started off our day at the Zoo! We have a ton of pictures of this adventure that I will eventually do a blog entry for. On the way, we witnessed an accident that we had to stick around for which was ~fun. The kids had fun seeing all of the new baby animals that they have at the zoo right now.


They have changed the wall by the gorillas! So we had to have a new picture :)
Next we actually went to Wheeler Farms but the pict's didn't turn out very well. Then we went to Pirate Island Pizza! We had went there for Macie's bday in St George and the kids loved it so we tried the one here. The pizza was good but it wasn't as good as in St George. Dallas is pulling his "Arg" pirate face... since his birthday is on National Talk Like a Pirate Day! Seriously!
Pirate Island Pizza is a mixture of Rainforest Cafe and Chuck E Cheese :) They have cool scenery and there is an arcade for after you eat. So this is the little kids on a little ride there.
All of us getting ready to eat our GIGANTIC pizza!
Yes it is REALLY that big! After figuring out the orders for everybody, we decided it was a better deal to get the "Kracken" (sp) size! The kids loved it!
After pizza, we had to hurry home because the BYU game was on. Kim and her family were coming to watch it at our house and had cake and ice cream with us.
Dallas and Macie with their cake
Singing Happy Birthday!
Blowing them out. He got them all out so I hope he gets his wish!
Dallas has out grown all of his fingers.... he now has to have help to hold up his age :)
This year he has added a candle!
Macie waiting to open her presents
Macie and Mom

Dallas opening presents


Sorry this picture loaded sideways, it's not sideways in my picture file... but this is Dallas's friend cake for his party on the next Thursday. They went to a local skating rink and had a lot of fun!

It's a half pipe with skaters on it. The boys LOVED it!


Dallas with his cake

Dallas with his friends

Singing Happy Birthday ... again :)

Having fun skating. He's new at the whole rollerblade thing, but he is getting better.




I hope you had a fabulous birthday Bud! We love you so much and are so proud of you! You are such great kid and help out so much! Thank you for all that you do! I'm so glad that you are part of our family! You are awesome!

4 comments:

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

Happy Birthday! National Talk Like a Pirate Day huh? No wonder everyone was dressed like Pirates at the zoo! :)

stacie lewis said...

What a fun birthday! What a lot of work for you, I love it, your in inspiration to me!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Cindy You make the cutest cakes! You are #1 Mom. I can't believe you have an 11 year old either. What a great way to celebrate...as a family!

Moose and Family said...

Your cakes looked SO cute!! Good Job!!!