A very kid friendly site!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A few Zoo pictures...

I never posted the rest of the pictures from Dallas's birthday at the zoo. We had a great time! They even got to pet a lizard of some sort...



Funny story about this elephant! We knew that there was a baby elephant at the zoo and had been waiting a few months to be able to go see it. We even asked the zoo keeper by the elephants if the baby was out for viewing and she said "yes, it's over in the next exhibit." So we hurry over there and the only elephant we see is this one and it's really hard to judge size when it's so far away... right? Anyway, I'm standing by my sister and she asks me where the baby elephant is. Not being able to any other elephants in this exhibit I tell her that the baby elephant is right there. She then questions the size and I justify my answer by the fact the elephants must grow really fast and the zoo keeper said this was it... so we take pictures of this elephant....
then we see the next picture down-


Can you see that little tiny elephant come out! It was so cute! All of the sudden the other elephant looks gigantic!!! Yes, I felt stupid! Anyway, the little baby got "stuck" climbing over this log! It was so adorable! I want a baby elephant!



Stuck on the log



Playing ball




Here's the baby giraffe... I want one of those too! Everything is so much cuter in miniature!



Mackenzie's favorite animal at the zoo is the giraffe so we had to get a picture of her with the baby giraffe!


Brinley is in the background of this one, but she insisted that she ride that one!


And a trip to the zoo is never complete with out a picture on the gorilla statue!


These last 2 pictures are from Wheeler Farms. We were about pictured out by the time we got there! But we had a really fun day FULL of animals!


1 comment:

Shaun & April said...

Just got home for the day... CRAZY! I will try and come see you tomorrow. It's nothing big I promise, but at least an excuse to have to come over!