A very kid friendly site!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Adoption is FINAL!

On January 9th we had our adoption finalized ! We had to be at the courthouse at 8:30 am. - tricky with 7 kids to get out of bed and ready that early in the morning! The actual court session only lasted about a half hour once it got started. The Judge was hurrying to another hearing so he didn't have time to take pictures with us, but we took a few family pictures outside of the court room.


Our new "OFFICIAL" family.

Rich and I with our new boys.

Their new official names are Jordan Harrison & Cohen Robison




Us with Richie's parents and sister, Kellie


This is the group that was able to attend. Richie's parents, sister Kellie, and 2 of my best friends- April and Jodi (aka- Jordan's other mom's). Thank you to those who were able to come and share our special day with us. It meant a lot to me and to our family!

The day did not play out like I would have liked it to. I wanted to spend the day as a new family and enjoy being together. But Rich ended up having to return to work and the kids begged to go back to school for a party later that day. So, we ended up going home, every body went their own way and I finished painting my room while crying for several different emotional reasons. Once everyone came home, we all went out to eat Chinese food. I didn't take too many pictures at dinner. I was holding Macie, feeding Cohen, & supervising Jordan and Brinley. All the kids did really well at dinner though and we did get a few pictures at the end.





Richie's mom, Connie, with Jordan

9 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Cindy! You have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys and you have the cutest family ever!
I have missed you at church the last few weeks, I hope you guys all get well soon...this time of year is hard with sickness and kids :( Let me know if you need anything!!!

Shaun & April said...

I think I remember that restaurant... Not such good memories! Thanks for letting me join you on your special day. It was really fun. I stole your pics for my blog since I left my camera in the car.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Congratulations...how exciting! You have such a cute family:)

Aubrey Smith said...

I wish I could have been there! Love the pictures

Kare Bear said...

I am so happy for you guys. How exciting.. congratulations!!I still can't wait to be able to meet em at the next family get together.

Amelia said...

I am so happy everything has worked out for you! I miss your family like crazy!

Annalyse said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your family. You guys are so amazing and a great example to the rest of us. We miss you in our neighborhood and hope that you are doing well. Josie was so glad to see Micailey at Bailey's house the other day.

Leisha said...

Congrats on your finalization! Your family is beautiful! I just found your blog through Britney, who was telling me about your adoption journey, and I have been hooked ever since, reading all of the details. I would love to talk to you more about it as my husband and I are hoping to adopt and am I completely intrigued by your story (although I have to say, from parts of your story as well as your friends Joshua & Rachel, I can't believe I am still intrigued :-) We have two adopted children (both domestic adoptions) and would love to adopt more. Anyways, I am sure you are very busy with your kids but if you get a chance, I would love to hear from you and learn more about the process.

brianandleisha [@] gmail [dot] com