
Today, we got up and the kids wanted a yummy breakfast for spring break so I decided to make them pancakes. When Brinley came down she was insisting that she wanted a ham and pickle sandwich. I told her that I was not making sandwich's for breakfast, I was making pancakes! After a while of tantruming, I said that if she could talk Micailey into making her a sandwich, she could have one, but I was not making it. I was already holding a baby, trying to stir the batter, and trying not to burn the griddle in the meantime.
So she ran upstairs and talked Micailey into making her a sandwich. They came down and Micailey got the all the food out and everything was fine. She had everything on the sandwich and was getting the pickles out of the jar with a butter knife and all was still fine. She asked for a plate to put the pickles on and I got her one and when she returned to the bar she said..."uhm, why is there pickle juice all over the bar?" Initially I thought maybe a few drops here and there, but what I saw was entire bar top SWIMMING in pickle juice! It was starting to create a waterfall effect down the side of the bar, into the cracks of the drawers and down to the pool on the floor! I grabbed a few napkins to try and stop the flow to the floor and quickly realized it was still FLOWING from somewhere! So I grabbed the jar of pickles and immediately noticed that there was a 2 inch chunk out of the bottom of the jar and ALL of the juice in the entire jar of pickles was now on my bar and floor!
How in the world!!! She didn't drop the pickles, she didn't hit the pickles, all she did was stab a pickle with a butter knife and the bottom fell out!!! We now SMELL like pickles! Our feet smell like pickles, our hands smell like pickles, the floor smells like pickles, the bar, the loaf of bread, the crayons they had been coloring with, the mayo jar, my ward phone list,....you name it - it smells like pickles!
The last time I smelled pickles this strong was a month after Rich and I got married and I drove my parents car to work and was in a car accident. The catch is... they were in the process of moving and had loaded the trunk full of bottled pickles, about 6 - 10 cases of pickles! Can you imagine the smell! Sometimes I wonder what the mechanics and wrecking yard thought when they had a strange aroma of pickles - even better yet- after baking in the sun for a while! Sorry for the graphic details :o)
This is Micailey pointing to the whole and a picture of the chunk that fell out. You can't tell me an 8 year old can do that to the bottom of a pickle jar with as butter knife with out making quite the commotion!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Why am I blogging about a jar of pickles you ask? ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
YIKES...seriously, what are the odds!?? Pickle juice everywhere does not sound like fun to clean up at all...I'm sorry:(
At least it wasn't red punch though :) That's so funny that Brinely wanted a ham and pickle sandwich for breakfast! hah! Hope you have a great spring break with your kids! Call me if you need a break or anything..I am home all day today and Friday...and have no kids! They went to their grandparents house.
I love the smell of pickles. Although i'm not sure i'd love it so much if it was all over my floors and the smell hung around for a while :)
Post a Comment