A very kid friendly site!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

When Rich and I were thinking of going through with the adoption, one of the things that I wanted to make sure of if we did adopt is that our kids never felt lost in the family, neglected, or that our family had "so many kids" that we couldn't do the things we used too, or what ever the case may be. That is one of the reasons for the trip in November to Disneyland, and why I let him take the "big" kids back to Disney in March.

So with that introduction, I introduce you to our 2- yes 2 - new puppies!!! We had a puppy once when we were debating the adoption, moving, and then pregnancy, but the puppy was biting Mackenzie who wanted to mother it all day long & with all that was going on, we decided we needed to wait a while for that addition. So, now that we are settled and have had the boys for almost a year now, we decided we could have one again. Yes I said one! We were going to get a dog that was a yr or so old, but every time we looked at one or called on one, we were one or 2 people too late and missed them. Rich then found an add for puppies at a good price and we decided to look at them and maybe get one of them. They were the last 2 of a litter and there was 1 boy & 1 girl. When he called to tell me how cute they were, I told him to probably get the little girl then and he called back and said that they were playing together so cute that he didn't know if he wanted to separate them......so I said.... then get both :O) And he DID!!!

So we now have a little Sadie, and a little Jack (maybe Max - we can't decide) They are little Yorkshire's and only weigh 2 lbs right now and will only grow to be 4 or 5 lbs. They are so cute and good with the kids! And I'm glad we got 2 because when they are playful and no one here wants to play, we put them on their leash out back and they wrestle with each other and then come in and take a nap. It's kind of nice! We are loving having them around!


Brin has Sadie & Jordan has Jack (as in Jack Sparrow & Jack Bauer)





It's so cute to see Jordan with the puppies. He copies everything I do. He says "come on Jack, come on Jack, ....JACK!" as he pats his legs to get it to come. or "mere puppy, puppy!"
Just his little voice his so cute!










...Please... hold the "are you crazy?!?!" comments to a minimum :o) ...cause I know they are coming & I've already heard them.... and I already admit it!

8 comments:

Rachel and Joshua said...

I think you should send the pictures of Jordan with the puppy to the orphanage. :)

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

I agree with the comment above :) Plus, your puppies are VERY cute. Gabe and I can't wait to come and play with them!!

Melanie said...

I think you are awesome. Puppies are great for kids to teach them how to love and have responsibility. I am not sure about having them in the house, but that is your circus to deal with, I have my own:)

Jen B. said...

What a fun mom and dad you guys are!! Your kids are going to have the best memories!

My dream is to have a Yorkie, and name him Jack!!!!(No kidding) I will have to come visit him!! Mike won't let me have one! :(

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Wow! You are more brave then I am:) The puppies ARE so cute though! I can see why he couldn't choose just one:) They will be SO FUN for your kids!!

Shaun & April said...

I'll be the first to say... You are CRAZY! Just teasin. You are amazing and if anyone can handle 7 kids and two puppies... it is you. It makes me want another one.

Taylor's said...

Cindy I think you are great with all the kids. Puppies are alot of work but they are worth what they will teach your children. Don't forget to put some of the responsiblity of caring for them on the kids.

Anonymous said...

I love the puppies!!! Cute kids, cute puppies..man!! what more could a person want!? I think it's awesome that you got two of them! If you ever need a dog sitter...CALL ME! :) Or a kid sitter, or both for that matter! :) It was fun having the kids here last Saturday. Devin said he likes it when Dallas and his sisters come to play :)