A very kid friendly site!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mackenzie lost her 1st baby tooth!

On Saturday, Mackenzie was complaining about her front tooth. We noticed it was loose a week or two ago, but it was barely loose so I kind of forgot about it. This time when we checked it was pretty loose so I told her to keep wiggling it and one day it would just fall out. A few hours later we were eating dinner and it DID fall out! I didn't think it was that loose! The other kids teeth would dangle by a thread for days before falling out! So she was excited! ...but there is more to this story!



After taking pictures of her newly lost tooth, I set it on a clean plate on the cupboard for safe keeping until bedtime when we could put it in the Tooth Fairy Pillow and excitedly wait for her visit! Meanwhile, Rich came down and thought he would do me a favor and gather up a few things, dust off the ONE "crumb"- (or what he thought was a crumb!) off of the clean plate! He then proceeded to wash it down the sink AND run the DISPOSAL!!!

At bedtime, we excitedly returned to get her 1st lost baby tooth and there was NO TOOTH, no plate, no trace of it! We then inquired about it and came to find out about her Daddy's kind deed, which leads us to the next few pictures. :o)


This is Richie and Brinley taking apart the pipes under the sink in hopes that the tooth would have stayed in the "goose neck" that a genius came up with for cases just like this!

And it was there! All 3 pieces of it! :o)




Mackenzie with the Tooth Fairy Pillow for the 1st time!
Hooray Kenzie! You're are growing up!
After all of that- the Tooth Fairy forgot to come!
But she did come the next night and brought her $3- one $ for each piece!!!

3 comments:

Rachel and Joshua said...

You are a better person than me!:) I would have told them about the time when I got knocked in the mouth and swallowed my tooth and how the tooth fairy came anyway :)

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

Yeah..I don't think I would have opened up the pipe to try and find it...what a good dad!:)

Moose and Family said...

What a great memory for Mackenzie!