So, in my last post, I said we really wanted to try doing the candy bucket idea :o)
Rich was gone all week to Tennessee and I was in charge of a huge Wizard of Oz production for the Relief Society Birthday dinner in our ward, so needless to say... I did not have time to go buy cute little pails and stuff... I was lucky enough to have Rich slow down on Friday so I could jump out of the car and run in to just get the candy... BUT~ we did it!
So I'm here to report :o)
I remembered I had these little colorful buckets in my Easter stuff, so I tried to make little tags for them... next time, we'll forgo the tags ~ at least till more of the children can read. What I really needed was a Picture of the word, then the little kids would have had a better chance of listening for them.
Brin actually did really well, it was Jordan, Cohen, & Macie that needed the extra help
So, once we established the rules, this is what they did :o)
I don't know how much they got out of it other than they heard most of they key words, but they did listen the whole time and we didn't have any complaining and the "when is it going to be over" or "how much longer" comments, so that was a plus!
When we started this little game, the peanut M&M's (Mom's favorite) were in the "Family" word bucket. That was all fine and dandy until the Primary President gave her talk... she said "Family" about every other word!!! We blew through the little bucket of M&M's and had to replace them with something much smaller (and less desirable)... jelly belly's :o) It seriously turned into a joke, the kids couldn't even get back to their seats till they were back up for another "Family" treat! It gave them all the giggles! :o) So they better remember at least her topic right! :o)
And she knew exactly which candies were the "good" ones :o)
All in all~ most of the kids liked this little game better than bingo and the pages.
bad thing... you go through a lot of candy for each session... when you have 7 kids eating it anyway :o) But, we're doing it for tomorrow too, so we'll see if it changes the 2nd time around :o)
Hope you all are enjoying Conference Weekend!





1 comment:
We did this too. It was successful, but man are we going through the sugar!
Post a Comment