The girls have 2 cute skirts that we bought at JCPenney a long time ago that inspired this idea.
We have a ton of almost brand new pants of the girls with holes in the knees (cause apparently after 1st grade you just HAVE to crawl all over the school floors till you wear holes in them). So I decided instead of throwing them out I would let them pick out some fabric and turn them in to skirts (that we don't have enough of). So this is Brin's pick. This one took 2 hours last night after bed because I didn't really know exactly what I was doing :o) ...hopefully I can make Mackenzie's much faster! There are a few thing's I'll do a little different too ~




4 comments:
Sooo cute! You are so talented!
Cute! I was just lamenting today about how worn out Kaya's jeans were. They aren't even worth saving for Emily. BUT....I can turn them into skirts!! Super idea. BTW, what would you do differently?
that is super cute!!
Thanks everyone! The things I would do different are 1. It was only supposed to be a 2 layered skirt but my hubby and I voted and thought it looked to much like a tutu :o) so I put one more ruffle on the top... I'm fine with the length, I just wish it had more gathering in it. and 2. The skirts we bought had specially designed smaller pockets in the back. I cut the jeans off a 1/2 inch or more under the pockets and I wish I would have cut them with as little as possible. The jean part is a little long :o) so no biggies, just a few little things. I have 2 more to make, so we'll see if I learn anything else along the way~ but the girls love them!
Post a Comment