A very kid friendly site!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ahhh! The dog days of winter!

Winter is dragging for me this year! I can't wait to see if the tulips that I planted in the fall come up and what they look like. I can't wait to get outside and let the kids play and meet more of the neighbors! I can't wait to pack away 9 x 3 winter coats, 9 x 2 (sometimes 4) winter gloves, 9 x 2 winter boots, 9 x 1 (sometimes 2 ) winter hats, & 9 scarfs so that I can actually see the mud room and (sad to admit) some times it's floor! I can't wait till we can leave the house without spending a half an hour "bundling up" first! I actually can't wait to finally get to plant a garden for the 1st time in 3 yrs. I can't wait to be able to hang up the snow shovel in a hard to reach place and know that I don't have to touch it again for a long time! I can't wait to go to the pool and soak in some hot sun and smell the smell of sunscreen again! I can't wait to be able to open our windows and let a cool breeze blow through in the morning. I can't wait to not be cooped up in a germ infested house with sick kids every week!


I think I need a vacation that doesn't involve adding more kids :o) These pictures are from one of the cruises that Rich's old job used to take us on - ohhh how I miss those!!! Especially right now! So I'm posting it so I can think warm thoughts and maybe it will melt this snow away a little faster! We'll see :o) FYI- yes, I am 7 months pregnant in these photos so don't mind the mid section

5 comments:

Jen B. said...

ahhh, that all sounds so nice! Now you have me all sad about the weather....Thanks A Lot!! :)

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I couldn't agree more! I am so ready to be done with the winter...Bring out the warm sun!! A warm vacation without kids sounds like HEAVEN!!

laura said...

why don't you just slit my wrists and make me do pushups in salt water
laura

Amelia said...

You just need to come for a visit to sunny St.George!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo ready for spring, too! A day at the pool sounds VERY nice!