A very kid friendly site!

Friday, July 25, 2008

We're coming home Monday!

After finishing visa's yesterday, we had about 10 minutes to freshen up and go to a little tea party for a friend which was a little stressfull and hard with the 2 kids. We had been gone all day to Cassa in the heat, and in the the evening here it cools off with a breaze and poor little Cohen had spit up and drewled (because of teething) so much that his shirt was drenched and he was kind of cold. I didn't realize that Amina had used the last diaper, so we had no diapers. Luckily someone had one for us and let us borrow a blanket too. Between that and Jordan acting up because he was tired and hungry for more than tea and cookies, I just felt a little out of control and like everyone here is looking at me like I was crazy, pregnant and adopting and how many kids back home? A lot of people probably think that, but oh well.

Anyway, we came home & had some dinner, and Dallas hardly even ate, and was going into the TV room, so I went to join him and then he walked out really funny and I asked him what was wrong and he burst in to tears and said he just wanted to go home. So after having a little heart to heart for a minute, he said he wants to go home to dad and the girls and he was sad that we had to miss the 4th and the 24th, and I think us going to miss his dads birthday on Monday was the kicker. So we put the kids to bed and emailed his dad to make him feel a little better. So Richie tried calling the airline now that we are done, to see if he could bump up our flights. Apparently the first guy he got said there was nothing he could do, sorry, but Richie called back and got a woman who was a little more sympathetic and ended up getting us on a flight Monday and a $140 credit! So yeah! we're finally coming home! It will still be at midnight, but who cares!

When you have time, everyone needs to get on the Josh and Rachel link and read what happened to them in their adoption process too. You have to skip a couple of the beginning posts or you'll know the ending before you know beginning and the cool middle. Just scroll down and start after the packing up entry. Everyone needs to pray for them too because they are having a stressfull hard time right now and they just want to come "home" too.

5 comments:

Rachel and Joshua said...

I am so glad you are going home! Keep reading our blog and I'm sure you'll see the same thing soon! :)

Tandy said...

Cindy, I am so excited for you! The boys are beautiful and I can't wait to meet them. You are such an amazing person.

Shaun & April said...

Yeah!!! I am not going up to camp until Tues night so maybe I can see you for a minute before leaving. I'm so excited for you.

Derek, Kellie, Cooper and Jack said...

HOORAY! We are so excited to see you all!

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

Yay!! I have missed you!!! I can't wait to meet them. I am sure Dallas is ready for America, I hope he remebers this trip though later in life, I am sure it will leave quite a mark on his memory. :) Well, call me as soon as you wake up on Tuesday. I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "Proud to be an American" on it, I was tempted to get it for Jordan :)