A very kid friendly site!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Here are our 2 boys!!!

We hope this all works out! Nothing is ever for sure until it's sign and sealed here, so we are still holding our breath. On Saturday, they told us that Yasine was 1 year and 9 months & on Tuesday, they told us he turned 2 on June 4th. So we don't know exactly how old he is yet. And the younger one is younger than we wanted to go but he is the one that we felt good about. His name is Nofel and he is supposedly 6 months or so, it kind of changes too. When they find these babies, they have a doctor guess how old they are and assign them a birthday. On Saturday, Nofel wasn't available, his mom was coming back for him, but he was so cute and we were asking about him & thought we couldn't have him. But on Tuesday, he was one of the babies that the nurses brought in to see if I wanted. So now - he is supposedly available. Like I said, until everything is signed and sealed--NOTHING is for sure!!!! We'll try to post more info later as we can. I hope all is well there and a very special Thank You to every one that is helping us out while we are gone!!! Sorry for the change of plans for everyone who is involved in that, but hopefully in the end it is going to ensure a quicker process! Take care and hopefully I will see you in about 2 weeks or so instead of 3-4 more.

Yasine
They are on a very strict schedule and he was so tired by the time we took pictures of him. We'll try to post a better one after Saturday. But it made it fun because he was so cuddly. They have so many nurses that they go to anyone and call all of them mama so I am already known as mama- along with everyone else :)
Our friend here, Mary, is also doing the adoption process, and we think that the little boy that she is adopting is best buddies with Yasine and they are always together. So were excited that they can still grow up somewhat together. It will be fun. I'll post pictures of them later too.

Nofel

Dallas is so excited about Nofel because he wanted a younger one. It will be a little tricky for a little bit with him and my baby being so close, but others do it all the time, so we'll make it work. But he is such a good natured baby. Some of our friends that go to the orphanage all the time say that he is very content and good natured. I haven't heard him cry yet!

7 comments:

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

I don't know if you will see this till your home, but your boys are beautiful!! I am so excited to meet them. I am so excited that they will be in a loving home and out of the orphanage! Now they'll know the real meaning in the name "mama"!!

Shaun & April said...

They are both so cute. I hope you get them both. They look like they would fit in with your family so well. Keep us posted.

Rachel and Joshua said...

I'm so glad you have join the sorority of Mommies of Moroccan adoptees! :) Look at that! It spells Moma. :)

Derek, Kellie, Cooper and Jack said...

This is Kellie typing, but I am writing what Micailey tells me to say....

Hi Mom and Dad and Dallas! Brinley is driving me crazy! She keeps holding on to my leg and doesn't let go. We are having fun and being good. When are you coming home? Can I go to St. George on Thursday with Kellie? Katie and Luke said I can stay with them. I would come home with Kellie on Sunday. I really want to go. I need a break from Brinley!

(This is Kellie now-- She really has been a great helper! Brinley just follows her everywhere she goes)

This is Kenzie now:
Hi Mom, Dad and Dallas!
Come home soon!

This is Kellie-- The girls are being good. They had fun seeing Hannah Montana. They have been good helpers. There have only been a few fights between the older girls. Cooper and Brinley like to fight, but over all they have been great. Micailey is more than welcome to go to St. George with us. Maddy and Paige really want her to come down to play with them. Kenzie wants to go as well, but we would only have room for Micailey. Sorry! I don't want to cause a fight with them. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your girls are all OK and being good. They miss you a lot and I think are getting bored. We took them to feed ducks and then to play with Maddy and Paige yesterday so I think that helped. Hope you are having fun and that things are all going smooth! (Sorry to leave such a long message!)

Derek, Kellie, Cooper and Jack said...

We are so anxious to hear how things are going. Please post a message if you can to update everyone.

Also, my mom wanted me to tell you that she was in a meeting when you called so she couldn't answer her phone. Call her back or email her as soon as you can. She really wants to talk to you. Hope all is well!

Shaun & April said...

Hopefully you check this. Things are going good. It took Brinley a little while to warm up but they all love sleeping at home. Brinley slept so good both nights and even had a 3 hour nap yesterday. She must be exhausted. We have been going to the park to play, running through sprinklers and then went to McDonald's and the Dinosaur Museum last night (I used your car.) The girls loved it!! They woke up talking about it this morning. Brinley had a hard time when she found out she wasn't staying with me this morning so I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might just keep them. I'll call your friend if I do. Also, we were thinking of attempting Seven Peaks but wondered where Cailey's pass from school is?? Let me know. Love to hear from you, even if it's an update on my blog.

Shaun & April said...

Another update...
I kept the kids today. It was too hard yesterday being passed around. I found the passes and so we spent the day at Seven Peaks. The girls loved it. Brinley went down this little slide in the kiddy pool at least 20x. We got back and got Cailey showered and packed and she just left with Kelly to St. George. Brinley did awesome and starting following MaKenna around and asking her to play with her. So things are good. Talked to your father-in-law yesterday and he will be there tomorrow night to get the girls. Hope everything is good on your end. I'll try and do one more update tomorrow.

P.S. I had our YW meeting at your house last night so the girls could sleep. Don't worry, it was spotless, just as you left it, and everyone commented on how cute your house was... Sorry!