A very kid friendly site!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Mackenzie's Kindergarten Graduation

My kids are so funny, and Mackenzie is no exception. All of them do not like to "perform" in front of people (can't say that I blame them). They don't talk to their teachers, bishop, or friends mom's if I'm there- they just hide and act bashful. Every program we have the same issues. They try to hide the invitations or not tell me about it thinking I won't come. If they find out I know about it they tell me they won't sing if I come. FYI- I have never made fun of them or even critiqued there performances, I don't know if Richie was this way or not, but I could probably count on one hand the # of times I sang in a primary program, and school programs on the other. - just not my cup of tea!!!
Well her graduation was this same way. She sang the songs for 2 weeks straight to me and then a day or two before, she insisted that I was not to come. She said she wouldn't sing if I did. So, cleverly, I dropped her off and "planned" a pick up spot for when it was over & then went and parked and sat in the back. She truly thought that I was not coming and kind of sang the songs but you could tell she was still a little shy.


She still thought we hadn't seen the program until we got in the car and Brinley said something about the program. :) Then she pouted and was mad for a little while till she forgot about it.
I can't believe that next year she will be gone all day! And Brinley and Jordan will both have preschool 2 days a week...... what will I do with myself?!?!

No comments: