A very kid friendly site!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dallas turned 12!!!!!!

I know I say this with every birthday, but seriously, where has the time gone! I have a son who goes to Young Men's and Priesthood!!! That can't be possible! I'm not old enough for that!





Dallas wanted another Pirate Ship cake this year. He originally wanted it frosted with normal frosting and then changed his mind at the last minute (which was a blessing to me) to have a German Chocolate with homemade frosting. We had already learned that the frosting does not stay on vertical surfaces so we voted to simply put a pirate ship on top instead of make the cake into a ship. He also insisted that he needed Banana Split toppings too ( which was very Yum if you ask me)!



Blowing out his candles....

still trying to blow them out....

3rd time is a charm! And they weren't even trick candles! :o)


Opening his gifts


He had a few options and requests for his birthday party, but in the end he chose to go to Lagoon for the day. Rich had told/promised the kids during the summer that he would take them and we just never had time. The kids have reminded us of this several times, so after doing the math, we decided to let Dallas take his best friend from school with Rich and the 2 oldest girls to Lagoon for the day instead of having a party. They had a lot of fun! Unfortunately, Mom didn't go and insist on taking pictures, so there is no proof of that! But from the stories I heard they had a blast!
Dallas, I hope you had a great 12th birthday! We are so proud of you for the good choices you are making and for the great young man you have become! We love you!





No comments: