A very kid friendly site!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Micailey's a photographer!

This year in school, Dallas and Micailey were supposed to turn in a Reflections entry. The theme was "Beauty is....." . Dallas painted a picture of a picture we took while we were in Yellowstone this year (I'll post a picture of it later) and Micailey was going to paint a picture too. She had it all drawn out on her art paper and then got tired of doing it and procrastinated.... point is, it was due on Monday and we were going camping all weekend. So she decided she wasn't going to turn an entry in. While we were camping we took a walk and I told her to take some pictures of the beautiful fall colors and nature so that just in case she changed her mind, she could turn in a photograph. So as we walked, we looked for beautiful stuff and these are a few of the best ones she took. She did really good!









This is the one we ended up turning in. I love it! I just might enlarge it and hang it on my wall! :) It kind of reminds me of the Sacred Grove in a way.
Even on Sunday, she still said she wasn't turning in an entry so I didn't worry about doing anything for it and then .....
10 MINUTES!!!!!
..... before her ride picked her up on Monday, she changed her mind and was begging to be able to turn in an entry! That is Micailey for you!
So we read the instructions really quick for photography and no where on there did it say that it HAD to be printed on actual photo paper, so we printed it on plain paper and backed it with cardboard and slid it in a sheet protector and "wallah", she had a Reflections entry.
What a circus! She had to walk to school by herself because she missed her ride, but she was proud of it! Ahh, the things you do for your kids!
Good Luck Micailey and Dallas!

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Those are pretty darn good!

stacie lewis said...

I love that picture too! Good to see you on here again!