A very kid friendly site!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our 2008 year in a nutshell

It's hard to believe that 2008 is almost over already! I still feel weird thinking we're in the 2000's at all. I'm not going to send out cards this year with all that is going on, so I thought I would put a little summary of our year on the blog for record and anyone who is interested.

This year has definitely been eventful! The beginning of the year was all a blur with morning sickness and adoption questions and problems, but in March we took the kids to Lego Land and Knott's Berry Farm & informed them that we were going to have a baby. In May we decided to go ahead with the adoption and in June we flew to Morocco on a leap of faith & in July we brought home 2 new boys. In August the kids started school at a new school because I was "not going to sell my house with 2 new adopted boys and a brand new baby coming" - my famous last words! So we started them at their new school, and then in September sweet little Macie joined our family! We decided to put our house up for sale after all and sold it within days. So in October we moved out and into our new home which upon moving in, we decided that before we could unpack, we really needed to repaint and carpet. So, all of my spare time ( hee hee! - the 2 hours a day of nap time or into the wee hours of the morning) I have spent painting the main floor and have now worked my way up and I am almost finished with the master bedroom. In November we decided that we needed some quality time with our kids since that has been hard to come by lately and we decided to join Richie's family on a trip to Disneyland!!! I know - everyone probably thinks we are nuts- but it ended up going really well and gave us a much needed break! When we returned, Richie started his new job and is learning the ropes there and the kids started school at another new school and are finding new friends there. And that brings us to December, and trying to get ready for all that it entails! What a year!

We are so blessed with such wonderful friends and family that have made this year even possible! With out all of them we wouldn't have had anywhere for our kids to go while we were in Morocco or sanity for me with breaks from kids when we got home. There is no way I could have been packed and ready to move out (or in to the new one) with out their help! And there is no way we could have had such a great time at Disney with out the help of Richie's family there!
We love you all and are so blessed because of you!

We are also blessed with such great kids! They are usually well behaved and well mannered! We have put them through a lot and they are handling it really well! They help me when I need it and keep telling me that they want us to have 12 kids in our family! They are all special to us in their own unique way and we love them for that!

I hope that 2009 is as joyous as this year was- maybe not as eventful!- but definitly as joyous! I don't plan on adopting, having a baby, or moving, so we'll see what other wonderful things can happen! I hope every one has a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog is so cute! and you have the cutest family ever! your kids are adorable! :) I invited you to our blog...I think I got the address right. Let me know if you ever need anything at all!!!!