A very kid friendly site!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Decorating the Trees

I figured that I had better post these pictures before Christmas was done and over with. Every year we let the kids decorated their own tree (we're a few trees short this year but oh well!) and we stagger them all together. You know, as a mom, my vision was to have this fun night as a loving family, nice Christmas music playing in the background, and a little holiday treat for family night! Not!- reality hit. Kids were arguing over which lights they had and who had what ornaments first, and how many ornaments who had compared to who. The night had hardly started and the mood was totally gone! By the end of the night everybody was yelling at everybody and Micailey wouldn't even smile for the family photo at the end. It was so ....fun! I should just let you look at the pictures and pretend that none of that happened- but with seven kids at home I'm afraid you would all know I was lying! I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who's kids fight. Right?

Mackenzie get's mad when I tell this story but it was so dang cute I need to record it. We got the stockings out the other day and she was so excited - she was jumping up and down and clapping her hands- and she said "yeah, we get to hang them on our fireplace!!! Where's our fireplace?" and looked around the family room for it and when she didn't find it, she had this look of a light bulb going off in her head and she ran to the front room to find the fireplace (FYI - we don't have a fireplace) and when she came back she was all discouraged and she sadly said "where's our fireplace?" When I told her that we didn't have a fireplace anymore, she said "Then where do we hang our stockings?" She was so sad! It took all of the enthusiasm out of the stockings for her because she had no idea where we were going to hang them now- Her whole life the stockings have been hung on a fireplace. So we had to quickly come up with somewhere to hang them and thanks to "sticky hooks" and the fact that we don't have any decorations up yet- they are proudly displayed on the main wall of our family room! (watch for the photo at the end of the Christmas tree slide show below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that must be the story that Dallas was talking about when he said something about the fireplace? Your kids are so cute! Devin and Bryson fight constantly...and there's only two of them. I guess that's what siblings are good at :)