A very kid friendly site!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My thankful heart!


I am thankful that I was born into a family who loves me and accepts me for who I am.
I am thankful for my husband and the support that he is.
I am thankful that he comes from such a wonderful family.
I am thankful for all of my children and that they are such good kids.



I am thankful for my house and the shelter that it provides.
I am thankful for electricity and running water.
I am thankful for a heater when it's cold and air conditioning when it is hot.
I am thankful for wonderful friends and neighbors who are so generous and giving.


I am thankful for a car to drive.
I am thankful for a car with a/c, heat, and soft seats.
I am thankful that Richie is able to have a car to get him to and from work.
I am thankful for a car big enough to hold all of my children.



I am thankful to live in the US.
I am thankful that I am free to choose what is best for me and my family.
I am thankful for the freedom of religion.
I am thankful that I can have a say in who will run our country.
I am thankful that I have an equal opportunity.
I am thankful to have an education and that my children have the opportunity to get one.
I am thankful for my husbands job and that it can provide for our family.
The last few years of traveling outside of the US and seeing all of the different living circumstance and economies has made me very thankful and appreciative for what I am blessed with. This year I am especially thankful for all of these things and many more! It has been one heck of a year and I want to thank everyone who has had a hand in helping me and my family through 2 different moves, adopting from a foreign country, and having a baby (almost all at the same time). I have the best family and friends that anyone could ask for!

2 comments:

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

AAHHHH! I am thankful too! FUnny what holidays can bring out of you huh? I hope your thankfulness extends into tomorrow morning when your kids wake you up! :)

Holly Brown said...

I loved the Moroccan pic's which show where Cohen and Jordan would still be (the orphanage shot of the cribs)if you and Rich weren't such truly unselfish and giving people. Send me an email and an update on the psych/social problems of raising these two boys along with 5 of your own! You are a VERY special person and you make us all think of what life is REALLY about. Your kids will also thank you (maybe not right now!) for teaching them that grows where you plant it! Love, Holly.