I had high hopes of a fun, productive holiday! But, with the weather forecast, we knew not to expect an outside one! With a baby coming in a few days, there were a few things we needed to check off the "to buy" list, and thought that we would do our cleaning and laundry in the morning, and then let the young kids have their naps while we got ready for the day, and then hit the 2 or 3 stores we needed with all kids in tow (what we needed was for them).
Not that smooth! - We started out the day tired and ornery because the kids kept waking up with the thunder and lightning, so sleep was not the best! I started laundry at 7 am and didn't finish until about 2 (technically I'm still not "finished" and don't tell anyone- but I even did a couple loads on Sunday (sshhh!)- but oh well). It wouldn't have been so bad except I had decided to unpack some fall clothes for the cooler weather coming and they all needed washed too. The kids fought, argued, and tattled all morning. Jordan was on a one today and through tantrums pretty much from sun up to sun down. I lost count of how many time outs he had. At one point after threatening for the last 3 days that we would tape socks on Mackenzie's hands if she didn't stop scratching and "clawing" when she got mad, we actually DID! She did not like that - so that was quite the show! We were going to take them all with us to the stores but by the time 3:00 hit- We were so frazzled - the kids wanted no part of shopping, even though it was for all of them, and were begging for a baby sitter! Honestly the thoughts of paying a babysitter have never sounded so good! So luckily their favorite one was available on the spot and me and Richie took off with only one child in tow- Brinley - who had basically been the best of everyone that day (probably including myself!).
We got our couple stops in and returned to the craziness that didn't even seem to take a pause while we were gone. Apparently Jordan need 3 time outs in the 2 hours we were gone for crazy tantrums, and started screaming again the second we walked in the door! Lately Cohen takes one look at me and cries for me no matter who is holding him, and that is exactly what happened with him when we walked in the door! I don't know that he stopped crying till we put him down to bed either (except while I held him while eating dinner, getting his pj's on , etc). Chaos never did settle down until everyone was finally tucked in to bed. I don't think I have been so excited for bed time for a long time as I was tonight!
So yes! There is CHAOS at my house!!! It's not this bad every day- luckily- but today was NUTS!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Glad today is over!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm glad I read your blog! I can't believe that you're having your baby already! I swear time flies- for those of us that aren't pregnant! Your prego picture looks great! Chaos is somehow comforting for me at times- what would I do if I didn't have kids?!
Glad to see that there is actually chaos at what seems to be a "perfectly organized" house. It makes us all normal. I wish I would have been around to help you...
Isn't it amazing that moms can plan these wonderful days and then everything falls to pieces!? You handled it well by getting a babysitter--I wish I would have done that sometimes when everyone was whining and crying! I hope that everything else is going well. I think Rachel will finally get out of Morocco by Saturday (inshallah!). And thank goodness you got out of here before Ramadan!! You think that Morocco was hard to deal with in the summer...this place doesn't do anything for the month of Ramadan! I love your webpage! Tell Dallas, Rich, Jordan and Cohen that I say hi! Cheers to you for tolerating a bad day with great spirit! Holly.
Post a Comment