A very kid friendly site!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Teaching the kiddo's to cook

One of my goals this year was to teach the older kids some basic cooking skills. Micailey got to learn a few 1st. She got to make her favorite meal which is spaghetti. Rich was gone this night and he doesn't really care for spaghetti, especially with "white sauce" so it was a great night to have it. She started with making garlic bread (sorry, didn't have french bread), then she got the spaghetti boiling and then she watched me make the sauce. After dinner, she popped her own popcorn and made Cherry sauce for "Jell-o Popcorn" ~ YUM! She didn't want me to take pic's so there are only a few that I snatched, but she did a really good job!


I didn't get pictures of Dallas's meal. He made his favorite which is Lasagne. He browned the meat, added the ingredients and layered everything in. I personally thought it was one of the best tasting Lasagne's we've had :o) He also learned how to make Caramel Popcorn at Grandma's during the holidays and made that for us a few weeks ago. I could really get used to this kids cooking for me idea! :o)

Kenzie was home sick the other day, so she got to learn how to make No Bake Cookies for an after school snack. The kids inhaled those and begged for more!!! I forgot how yummy those are~ especially when they are still warm! MMMmmmm!

No comments: