I don't know if any of you follow the "Meanest Mom" blog, but she had a post on her blog that made me laugh. She made a list of all of the things that she was "Guilty" of .... so here is a few of mine. Those who know me well will not be surprised by a few of them! :oP
1. About 4 or 5 days out of 7.... we don't get dressed! We live in various pairs of pj's. Once on Brinley's 3rd day in her pj's, my husband asked me if I only did one thing today- it was to change her pj's! Hey- if your home- why not be comfy!!!
2. Almost every night the kids beg for a treat or ice cream and the answer is usually NO. Our reasoning is that we need to save it for a family night treat. But then... in the dark, quiet of the night.... we eat a big bowl of ice cream! And for some reason, on family night.... we never have ice cream! I don't know how that ends up happening.
3. The kids sleep on top of their covers with a fleece blanket that they shove under their pillows in the morning so that their beds look made, and sometimes .... they don't even put the fleece blanket away! ....*gasp! and my bed only gets made 2 or 3 times a week!!! ....*double gasp!!
4. Some days I resort to eating dinner on paper plates, just so I don't have MORE dishes piled in my sink!
5. I have found, unknown to me, that my child has worn the same socks for 2 days (possibly more-I didn't want to know) in a row. That grosses me out! If my socks come off during the day, and I need some again later- I get a new pair!
6. If the hubby isn't home for dinner.... it's pancakes or cereal! Take your pick. On a good day you MIGHT get spaghetti!
7. My kids probably spend WAY to much time watching TV! But hey, they can count to 10 in Spanish- and now a little Japanese thanks to Kailan (sp?).
That's all for now! It's getting late. My hubby wasn't sure I needed to disclose any of these "guilt's" in the first place. But I figure if you know me... you already know 99 % of them any way, and if you're still getting to know me.... you're going to figure them out real quick! Feel free to share your "guilt's" with us so that we all feel "normal". I know I'm not alone!
http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Guilty as Charged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I love it! :) In college I learned the "sleep on top of your bed" trick...so I did that for like 2 years. haha!
I do subscribe to her blog (need to catch up on my blog reading). I love the pancakes and cereal part. Jack wanted breakfast for dinner last night so pancakes it was!
Thanks for reminding me that it's OK that we are not perfect!
Oh I wish I was closer to that craziness so I could come hang out in my pajamas!
You are so cute and thanks for being so honest. It makes me feel so NORMAL!! :)
This made me laugh. YOu are the last person I would have picked to post this kind of a post! And that is JUST like me... 2 days in the same PJ's, but the same socks??? GROSS!!! Hector always laughs at me for that.
So that's how you do it!! You crack me up. BTW, I think it's Chinese not Japanese--does that burst your bubble? Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, it's another language, right? Look how much farther ahead they'll be!
#1 and #2 describe me perfectly as well. #6--2 words macaroni, cheese.
Hey Cindy!! Awesome blog. I have know you had one but never really got a chance to check it out. I'll e-mail you an invite to ours if you ever want to check it out! And I'm going to have to start following this "meanest mom blog" too since it sounds hillarious! Ttys!
Post a Comment