A very kid friendly site!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jordan's 5!

He did it! He caught up to Brinley for the next 6 months!


He is so excited to be 5 and be able to go to kindergarten!

We were in South Dakota and were trying to think of ideas for his party and they had just had their school carnival & preschool graduation and loved them... so the idea of a carnival was easy!


We own a "bouncy" already, add in a few games, face painting, and balloons and voila! You have a fabulous carnival!


The next thing to come up with was the food... That's the FUN part!


Popcorn, Otterpops, Rice Krispy Treats, suckers, goody bags, and carnival cupcakes



These were the easiest, cutest, and fastest cupcakes EVER!


Tint the vanilla frosting slightly yellow, add some marshmallows and stir!


The cupcake wrappers were the tricky part. I don't know if they even make red and white striped wrappers, but we didn't have time to search long either, so I bought the plain white ones and.... do not judge me as psychotic or way over board... but I had colored them with a red permanent sharpie! It took a while but it ended up looking SO cute and completed my whole carnival popcorn idea!



The clown cupcakes were just as easy. I found clown picks for 1.50 or so at Partyland and just piped with a fat tip a stick figure with frosting, added 2 of the same M&M's for hands and 2 more in a different color for feet. Then to finish them off... you can't see it in the photo but I used the little candy flower sprinkles and placed 3 down the chest for buttons. Looked so cute!


Bouncy above and Can game below...


if you can't tell.... he missed :o)



Another highlight was the balloon animals which turned into crazy hats!



We had face painting by Micailey and Dallas!


They did such a good job!



Our clown Brinley, and their cousin Oliver (below) who raided our dress up box downstairs to complete the clown outfit! His eyes are actually closed in the photo! The painted eyes on his eyelids :o)



Gabe (above) and Cooper (below) with their face paint...


I forgot to tell parents that it wipes right off with a wipee, so I apologize if you had paint floaties all over your tub... we learned the hard way too! Sorry!


Our cute little neighbor boy! He LOVES lawn mowers and tractors so that is of course what he requested! :o) I thought Dallas did a fabulous job on his lawn mower and then later I painted a tractor on his other cheek for him :o)


Cute Macie enjoying her 100th Otterpop!!!


The Otterpop's were a hit too!



Luckily Rylan (aka : Halo) fell asleep about half way through! You can tell he's getting sleepy :o)


Another cute neighbor enjoying his Rice Krispy Treat



Jordan enjoying his "Happy Birthday to you" moment! :o)





Blowing out his candles!







Cousins enjoying their cupcakes!




One of my sisters came out to help me with the party. She took lots of pic's so that I could run the party :o) So we had to get one of us too!


Her cute little baby :o)


Thanks for coming guys!!!










Jordan by his presents



The crew! It was a lot of work but so fun! I hope the kiddos had fun!


Happy Birthday Jordan! I can't believe you are 5!!! Time flies by so fast!

We love you and hope you have a fabulous year!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Nicklaus had so much fun at the party! AND I totally meant to tell you how awesome we all thought his tractor and lawnmower were, too! Thanks for inviting him!