This is all late news thanks to facebook, but just to document it on the blog too, I'm posting about our fun times in the month of January. The beginning of the month was fun and busy with New Years celebrations and birthday celebrations for Cohen and Micailey. Luckily for Micailey, we thought we were going to be in Idaho on her birthday at my nieces wedding and celebrated her birthday the week before (other wise she would have been really disappointed!). We went ice skating on Saturday, and Sunday started almost 3 weeks of sickness! Macie started it with an on and off fever and by Thursday we decided to take her to the doctor. Mackenzie and Jordan both stayed home sick that day too, but were just new to the sickness. Macie tested positive for Strep so they sent me home with 4 prescriptions- Macie, Mackenzie, Jordan, & Rylan (just in case). Jordan started fevering by the time we got home from the doctor, Brinley started fevering in the night, Mackenzie by Friday afternoon, Me Saturday morning, Dallas and Micailey on Sunday morning, Cohen Sunday afternoon, and Rylan waited till Tuesday or so before he fevered. :o) We were having fun! Along with the fevers were sore throats, head aches, slight cold symptoms, and soon to be coughs. It knocked us all out for a few days (each on different days). Some of the kids seemed to have one thing and then act like they were getting better and then got knocked down again with something else too. I think it may have been the flu, what ever it was - I'm glad it's gone!
The "Crew"
We were supposed to be leaving for a 10 day trip to California so I first of all, didn't want Strep to linger and affect everyone slowly and have kids sick for the trip, so I was pretty insistent that the doctor give us all a prescription... that was like pulling teeth! He handed them out like candy the day of the visit, yet after trying all weekend to even get a hold of the guy, Monday, they were pretty insistent that I bring them all in again to have someone tested again before he would prescribe any more antibiotics. Let me remind you, I have 8 kids, 7 of which were home sick that day, it's a 25 minute drive in, the day of Macie's appt. I was in the office for almost and hour and a half, then another 25 minute drive home! No thanks! Long story short- It got pretty hairy and rude over the phone with the nurses till they finally prescribed the rest of the kids one. Still debating whether I'm going to change doctors- it was that bad! I understand if I was asking for anything stronger than an antibiotic, but really! We are on them maybe once a year if that... I don't think we will become immune to them!Anyway, Rylan was the last one with a few symptoms lingering but not bad. Everyone was better with 2 days to spare before we left for California :o) That will be the next post :o) ps.. we missed my nieces wedding! I still feel bad but it was a good decision, that was the day I was in bed all day fevering and the kids that I would have taken got sick the next day. So I'm sure everyone there was thankful we didn't come too :o)




No comments:
Post a Comment